Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A couple of tributes, and misc ramblings......

A little tribute to Dominoe. Dominoe was a cat of a friend of mine. This weekend Dominoe became sick, and had to visit the vet. Dominoe was very ill and finally had to be put to sleep. A final resting place under a tree and their new home is the resting place now. I was never a big fan of cats and still am not a big fan of them either. Dominoe was Ok though. When I visited, he made sure to make his presence known to me, and seemed to know when to cross the line and when not to. Eventually, he just move on to another room and call it an evening for awhile. I loved his name. I thought it was perfect for a black and white cat. I had never her of that name before for any animal as well. I know he will be truly missed.

Another tribute to my oldest sprouts softball team. They were runners up in the league tournament that ended tonight. We were the home team and the game was back and forth every inning. We just could not pull it off in the last inning. Tied going into the last inning, the other team scored two runs and we could not put any across the plate. But the real accomplishment of this team was the mear fact that they were in the championship game at all. Their first game they last 21-1. It was not until the forth game that they finally won a game, and putting runs on the board was hard then. They worked hard at hitting and that finally started coming around, but the fielding started to fade away. But, when it came to the tournament everything fell in place. We got an awesome draw for the tournament, and the girls played their hearts out. We lost tonight 14-12. But everyone was a winner. Four out of the five teams in the league received hardware this year. The league winners and runner-up received trophies, and the two teams in the championship game received trophies as well. Yes, the league winner and runner-up were eliminated earlier in the tournament. That in itself made this game great tonight.

Now ball season is officially over for the sprouts, this year. My youngest finished her season on Saturday. She just has a team party this weekend. I am hoping that her dad will take her to the party since he is one of the coaches, and the oldest and I will go do something for a few hours. I am not thrilled with him right now so I have not decided on that yet. The tournament game was switched from a Saturday night game to a Saturday morning game to a Friday night game. When it got switched to the Friday night game, I found out about it from the coach, only because when they called the ex to let him know his wife was apparently giving the assistant coach a hard time because he had to work Friday night. The assistant coach called the coach who then called me, because she wanted to make sure that the sprout was going to be able to be there Friday night. The league games were on Friday nights, and the ex only came to two of her game all season. He was either on vacation, or unable to get off work. Either way with his job there is not much I can do about that, nor can anyone else for that matter. I called the coach to see if the second game was going to be changed as well, because I had plans for that day that I could change if the sprout had a game, that is when she told me the game was going to be on Friday and the story about the conversation with the assistant coach. I told her yes because I had the sprouts that night anyways for my summer time visitation. I call the ex later on that evening, and asked him to drop off the sprouts softball gear on Friday when he drops them off at daycare, because her game has been changed to Friday night. Then he proceeds to tell me that his wife wondered if I got that message. I got that message because I talked to the coach who was going to call me later, but I beat her to the punch. I called her in the morning and she was going to wait until she thought I was on my lunch hour, because she knew I was at work and did not have that number.

My Twin sister and I have been practicing our bowling these last few weeks, as we head to the National Tournament next week. All I have to say is that I hope my ball performs better than it has lately. She kicked my a$$ this weekend.

My golf game on the other hand is getting pretty good. I am shooting better than I have in a long time and I have only been out twice. My friend and I have found this nice little course that has ladies day on the days that we can make it so we get to golf for ten dollars and that includes a cart. Perfect for us. Not a lot of people of the course and just the right price. Of course we hit the Ball so much in a round that we definitely get our moneys worth.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Even with the ex out of the way you still seem to have a lot of "balls" in your world. Sorry, I just could not resist!

Good luck with the tourney!