Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hope You Enjoy The Color!

Here are a few pictures of the fall color from northern Michigan this past weekend.

This is the view I had everyday from the deck of our cabin.

Here is some of the color we saw near Houghton, Michigan and around Keewanaw bay on Lake Superior Saturday afternoon.

This was taken from Presque Isle in Marquette on Sunday.

And these are a few pictures on our way home on Monday. They are all taken south of the Bridge. Yes I was multi-tasking at the time, driving and picture taking.

A great time was had by all. I took my mom and grandmother up with me for the weekend. Grandma had a wonderful time, and she enjoyed the drives we took each day. It was great, we got to eat at all our favorite restuarants on both days and never cooked a meal at home. The weather was in the mid 70's both days. The color peaked probably around Wednesday or Thurdsay up there. We saw some good color but a lot of it was gone. At our cabin most of the leaves had fallen already. The northern lower pennisula of Michigan had better color than the upper and better on Friday than on Monday when we were coming home.

No big wild life around. :( We did see some deer, but I was hoping for a bear or a Moose. There will always be next time.

We were getting things around on Sunday night and mom and I had to go back into town to get a few things and the lady working in the store was going to be heading down state this Thursday. She was heading toward I-96 and US 23 which is in the general area between Lansing and Detroit. I was laughing to myself about her carrying on about her trip. I know where she is going because that is right near my sister, and she said that you would have thought that she was heading to Europe for this trip. I think if the "UPers" cross the bridge it is like entering a foreign country to them and they really have not even left the state they live in.

I was kind of bummed that they were going to be getting snow this week and I was leaving and going to miss it. Only to discover that we have snow in our forcast as well, bonus. I know a lot of you are not that excited about it, sorry.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Loved the Pictures, especially the one of Presque Isle. I did one of my PTA clinical rotations at Marquette hospital, and loved to spend down time there.

Glad you had a good time, and thanks for sharing!

maynard said...

I love Presque Isle as well. I enjoy walking the break walls when the winds are not strong and that weekend would have been great to do but I had my mom and grandma and they cannot walk it so next time. The drive around the Isle was awesome anyways.