Tuesday, October 03, 2006

...and it just Freaked me out!!

To add to my busy schedule, the sprouts are taking gymnastics once a week. They have been begging me to take them, so I finally found ones that fit everyone's schedule. The youngest has her 40 minute lesson, then we have dinner before the oldest has her lesson. I was putting the finishing touches on dinner last night and chatting with the 4 1/2 year old about her lesson. I do not stay for it, the oldest and I zip to the library a few blocks away and I do the same with the youngest later in the evening as well. Anyways, I was asking what all did they do today, did you get to do the bar, the trampoline,etc. I asked did you do the balance beam, which is a mat like beam that sits on the floor and is about 6 inches tall and maybe 8 - 10" wide. I saw them do that last week. She says "We had to go sideways, forwards, and backwards on it" excitingly telling me this. Then she says that "It just freaked her out" and on she went about her business. The mind of a child. :) They enjoy it, and they love going to the library as well, so life is good on Mondays.

2 more days before my mini vacation to the upper pennisula of Michigan. It is suppose to rain up there this weekend but I do not care, life is always good when ever I can get up there. I missed the seafood festival earlier this year, so I am glad I can get up there at all this year. I have had to do some last minute arrangements to get the sprouts to all of there stuff this weekend, but I have finally accomplished that as well. Now, all that is left is laundry and packing a few clothes for the trip.

My twin sister was trying to find away to go up as well for that weekend, which would of been really cool because I would have gotten to rock my nephew all weekend. He loves me! Well, he loves to spit up on me. :) I do not mind though, he is such a cutie. But, she is not going, and to be honest none of her SUV vehicles are big enough to pack everything that SHE would want to bring for both kids. Mind you there are lots of toys up there already and the little sprout does not require food yet, and there is a washer and dryer there as well. But, she still cannot make it.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Enjoy the UP. (my) Mister has been in the upper part of lower MI this weekend for some R&R and said the leaves are beautiful.

I personally hate going over the bridge, but back when I was a PTA student I did a stint at Marquete Hospital and went back and forth over the bridge for job interviews which helped me grow acustomed to it a little.

I ended up staying in the middle of the state and haven't crossed the bridge in the past seven years, so that makes me an official troll according to the UPers.

maynard said...

I was west of Marquette for the weekend. I did spend the day Sunday in Marquette though.

Funny the lady at the little town store was heading to where 96 and 23 are, and I was laughing at her kind of as she was talking to this guy about heading to Brighton this week. My sister lives near there and I knew how long it would take and all. She said that you would of thought she was heading to Europe or some far away place this week.

Apparently, if the UPers cross the bridge it is like a far away place to them.

I had a great time and took lots of pictures of the color. I will be posting them later today.