Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A futile attempt at a poem!!

It has been awhile since I posted. After making it through the day yesterday and being bored today at work. Actually I have lots to do, I just do not feel like doing it anymore. Burnout has set it. Being swamped all the time with no help for the little tasks, my office is a paper diaster and a half and I hate it. I am normally an organized person, and with no time to keep organized here is just driving me nuts. I no longer have a desire to do my job anymore. I dredge through the day and get what needs to be done and that is it. I have no more to give. Unfortunately I hate the way the office is now, so I still work to get extra stuff done, but just seems stuff comes in faster than goes out. Anyways, in my non-working mood I wrote down some random thought and kind of turned it into something...lol.

I have not titled it. Maybe you can suggest a title. A side not check out the phrase of the first letter of each line. That was not a coincendance.

Giving all you have to give

Opening up your heart, only to be

Disappointed. Realizing, it is over

Surrendering all

Looking towards the sky

Often wondering if you are heard

Verification received

Exult in his devotion to you

3 comments:

Laura said...

That's a great poem! Thanks for sharing it!

one4JC said...

I don't think it is a "futile attempt". I think it is a wonderful way to express your thoughts and feelings...Good Job!

maynard said...

Thanks! I have been wanting to write one for awhile but just never took the time to do so.