Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Verdict part 2

Once again it has been changed. My ex called my yesterday morning to tell me that he was having the oldest ride the bus from daycare to school because of the three hour fog delay, he could not take her to school because he had to be somewhere else. I was not happy because she has to transfer buses to get to her school which he was not aware of. She made it, but the story she told me this morning about it did not have any enthusiasm with it for getting to ride the bus to school for the first time. Anyways, when he is all done with that information, he then says that the court date tomorrow (meaning today) has been change and he gave me the time and day of the new date. Not pleased about this I call the court, which had no knowledge of the change but the person was out and I had to call back this morning to confirm. So, I did and yep he changed it, because he has retained counsel and he of course was on duty today and probably did not want to ask for the time off as well, which pisses me off because I have to get the time off no matter what. SO, I have an appointment with my lawyer soon as well. I am sure he is going to make a mountain out of a mole hill, and I might even try to get the lawyers to work it out now, which would be in the best interest of my ex since the judge is not all that thrilled that he did not show up the last time. Time will tell I guess. What is another couple of sleepless weeks, it is only time anyways, except now it is money.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Am praying for you! I am sorry that your former spouse has figured out a way to put off his responsibilities, but hang in there. These things that seem so stressful today, will get worked out eventually, even if they get worked out by you getting just so fed up you decide not to give a damn anymore. I know you are fighting for your kids, as you should. In my case, the day came when my kids became adults, and looked back on the way their father had treated me. That translated into them being more protective of me. Not that they are not respectful of their dad, they just don't really have a relationship with him, see him at Christmas and maybe call on his birthday (if I remember to remind them that it is his birthday). This is his own doing for making the divorce about getting out of his responsibility for his children. As adults they are only giving him what he taught them as children. Your children's father is only setting himself up to get the same. Keep your kids best interest at heart, don't talk trash about their dad in front of them (that's what friends are for), and they will figure things out for themselves as they grow older.