Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Stainglass Cross

These I designed myself. I bought the beveled crosses that are in the center and then drew the pattern for the outside border. I made these for the other two people that were in my DivorceCare Class with me. I had no idea what colors they liked and was going to do a very light pink and clear glass when I came across the clear glass with a rainbow tint to it. It was perfect for what I wanted to accomplish with the pieces. Both pieces are the same with the exception of one having an additional lead border add to it, which makes it look bigger and heavier. Truthfully I ran out of time and did not put the additional border on the other one. They both turned out really well I think. The center cross measures 4" x 6 7/8" to give you an idea of the size of them.

2 comments:

one4JC said...

Those are absolutley beautiful! I've never seen anything like those....Why don't you make and sell these?

maynard said...

I am seriously trying to work on selling some pieces. I really need to extra money. It now is just a matter of trying to figure out what is going to sell to fastest.